Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The next generation of fully automatic espresso makers has arrived with the Breville Oracle Touch. This award-winning espresso machine makes it amazingly easy to prepare true café-quality coffee beverages at home. Tricky brew tasks are automatically handled for you from start to finish, as the Oracle Touch grinds, doses and tamps coffee in the commercial portafilter, extracts at the ideal water temperature, and textures milk to your taste for preparing latte art or creamy cappuccino. Use the color touchscreen to swipe and select from a menu of drinks or personalize your own.
- Awarded the 2017 Best New Product by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Choose from a menu of five café drinks: Espresso, Americano, Latte, Flat White and Cappuccino.
- Swipe and Select color touchscreen allows you to easily build your favorite café drinks, adjusting coffee strength, milk texture and milk temperature to your taste, then saving your settings.
- Conical burr grinder with 45 adjustable grind settings from fine to coarse.
- Automatically grinds, doses and tamps 22g (.75 oz.) ground coffee for mess-free brewing.
- Automatic hands-free milk texturing to your selected temperature and style, from silky latte to creamy cappuccino.
- Brews single, double and custom-size espresso shots.
- Prepares small, medium or large Americanos automatically by delivering hot water from dedicated outlet.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" x 16 1/2" x 18" high.
- 38 lb.
- Top-fill 84-fl.-oz.-cap. removable water tank.
- 8-oz.-cap. removable bean hopper.
- Model #BES990.
- Stainless-steel conical burrs maximize the ground coffee surface area for full espresso flavor.
- Programmable shot temperature for optimal espresso flavor depending on coffee origin and degree of roast.
- Commercial stainless-steel portafilter.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion of the puck for even extraction.
- Electronic PID temperature control ensures precise water temperature for optimal flavor.
- Consistent 9-bar extraction pressure with Italian-made pumps.
- Cool-touch steam wand with integrated temperature sensor.
- Automatic purge removes residual milk from steam wand.
- Manual milk texturing also available.
- Two boilers allow simultaneous milk texturing and espresso extraction.
- Heated cup-warming tray on top.
- Dedicated "hot" water outlet for preparing Americano coffee and preheating cups.
- Programmable auto-start and auto-off.
- Removable drip tray with Empty Me indicator.
- Drop down swivel foot lifts the machine upwards for easy one hand maneuverability on the countertop.
- Breville Assist Plug features a finger-hole for easy removal from power outlet.
- Automatic cleaning and descaling cycles.
- Brushed stainless-steel body.
- Includes stainless-steel milk jug and 1- and 2-cup filter baskets.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada, and is built to U.S. electrical standards.
- Designed and engineered in Australia, Made in China.
- Use & Care
- The filter basket and portafilter should be rinsed under hot water after each coffee-making session to remove all residual coffee oils.
- After each coffee-making session a clear-water backflush is recommended before you turn off the machine: Empty drip tray. Insert the cleaning disc into the filter basket then insert the portafilter into the group head. Touch the Brew button and allow pressure to build for 20 seconds, then touch to stop and release pressure. Repeat this 5 times to purge any fine coffee grounds and residual coffee oils from the brew water paths.
- After every use, thoroughly wipe the steam wand and tip with a damp cloth and purge immediately. Failure to clean the steam wand may affect the milk-texturing performance.
- The outer housing and cup-warming tray can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Polish with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch the surface.
- Use the Descale function when prompted on screen.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jodi from Good Coffee I have only had this for about a month now so its to early to say how well its going to hold up, however it does make really good coffee if you like it strong. I cant seem to stand the way it taste out of my bun coffee pot now due to the strength differences. All I drink now is from the Breville. I do also have to go get beans from my local coffee shops who roast there beans inhouse so the beans are fresh its important. It may be hard to find the places with fresh beans but you will be glad you did. The bags should have roasted on dates not use by dates.Date published: 2019-10-06Rated 5 out of 5 by txmg from Bought in 2017, still happy with it I bought this machine in December 2017(Merry Christmas to me!). I *thoroughly* researched all manner of semi-automatic to automatic machine. For this price, you can get a 'professional' level machine. However the professional level takes 30 minutes or more to properly warm up and you should pull couple of shots prior to using - makes sense in a coffee shop, not at home. I didn't want a fully automatic because you really have a terrible lack of control over just about everything. Also in my experience of friends/family having them - the quality of the shot is okay.. comparable to a Nespresso, but not great. For reference, my prior espresso machine was a semi-automatic Gaggia Classic. It *could* pull a great shot if the conditions were just right, but since I only made 1-2 per day, the conditions were usually not just right. I never made enough to properly dial it in and without a proper temperature control - there was just highly variable quality. The other consideration was my spouse. Happy to drink espresso drinks, not interested in learning how to make them. The Oracle touch has been awesome. It has the consistency I was looking for and the ease of use that gets hubby to stop driving to Starbucks every day. I love being able to have custom programs for just the way I like my drinks, but it still has the standard ones. The only downside I have is the inconsistency in its milk frothing abilities. Even after cleaning the tip - which if it used to work for you and doesn't now -clean it... the little holes get clogged. However, I have never gotten the right foam for latte art - either that or I have no idea how to do latte art after watching countless YouTube videos. The milk is too thick and just sits right on top. Most of the time I make a flavored latte(lavender vanilla - stop judging me) and I will use my Breville Milk Cafe. I kinda like extra fluffy sweet milk it produces. For espresso lovers who find milk based espresso drinks to be an abomination, this is still a great machine. I do drink a single shot many afternoons and it is no longer an exercise in masochism. I have even been able to tell the difference between various coffees - although I decidedly have no idea as to whether a particular roast has elderberry or blackberry notes. My final note to anyone buying an espresso machine - first you can't go wrong with any of the Brevilles. Second, buy good coffee - that will be the best way to get a good experience. Find coffee that has the 'roast date' not the 'expiration date' on it. Local coffee shops will sell or a bajillion places online. Do not buy from Grocery stores or even major coffee chains - they mean well, but they can't sell the freshest stuff - and it makes a HUGE difference.Date published: 2019-09-26Rated 5 out of 5 by nurse37 from Great Espresso Machine I bought this machine over 3 months ago. Overall great espresso machine, easy to use, care for. One little issue that I need to contact Breville for is after milk done steaming/frothing and it self cleans will have a long steam clean and then machine shuts off. But I turn it back on works as usual. At this point doesn't effect anything. Very happy and pleased overall.Date published: 2019-09-06Rated 5 out of 5 by bab0027 from Almost perfect! I admit that I am a coffee snob and it took years for me to take the plunge and buy a home espresso machine. The ones I wanted, and were told by coffee professionals to get, were all Italian and $8,000-12,000 which is completely insane. Once I tried this out at a friend's house I knew I had to buy one and I have no regrets. The only thing I'm still playing around with is the milk steaming temperature for some plant-based milks. Otherwise, it is easy to use and user friendly. One negative for me is that the grinder compartment holds "almost" a whole bag of coffee, so once I fill it I have to keep storing a small amount of coffee beans in the cupboard. It's a small point, but I'm into details and it's something I notice every time I go to refill it. Another small downside is that it's not easy to switch out to decaf when needed so if you live in a house where you drink regular and your spouse drinks decaf or you like to be able to have both for houseguests etc this machine won't accommodate that.Date published: 2019-07-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Coffee lover from No more Starbucks We had a three Starbucks a Day habit and needed to kick it. Did some in-depth research and taste testing and decided on the Breville Oracle Touch. We have had it for a year now and we congratulate ourselves everyday on such satisfying purchase. We can make any kind of delicious coffee we are in the mood for. It performs beautifully day in and day out and the quality of the machine is outstanding. Goodbye Forever StarbucksDate published: 2019-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by END111 from Amazing Machine I am not into coffee but my wife is and I bought this machine for her. Per her and her sisters and friends it makes coffee that is much better than the drinks at the local coffee shop. It is easy to operate and makes amazing drinks and foam. This is the best "no skill" machine out there. While you have to pour the milk from the separate container - the quality of the drinks makes that little work a joy.Date published: 2018-12-15Rated 5 out of 5 by urszula from Best Espresso Machine Ever! I have done a lot of research before settling on this machine. The biggest thing holding me back was the expensive price tag, but I have absolutely no regrets now since this machine is excellent in every way. I will break my experience with the machine with pros/cons to hopefully help you out make when making a decision to buy this machine. Pros: -Machine automatically grinds and tamps your espresso, saves all that extra work of doing it yourself. -Steam wand cleans itself after it's done steaming your milk. -Touch menu is super user friendly. You can change milk temperature, amount of froth and how fine or course you want your grind. You can save your favorite drink on the menu so you don't need to customize it again. You can find anything you need on the touch screen along with tutorials, step by step instructions and all the cleaning cycles. -Water tank is huge! And you can fill it up from the front. -The process to make your drink is pretty quick. Cons: -Pricey (but worth it) -Big machine, takes up counter space -Can be a bit noisy when it starts the grind (if you live in an apartment it may annoy neighbors in the morning) Final thoughts: Machine is great and the quality of it is worth every penny. If you love coffee and are in a coffee shop everyday this will save you money! I have not set foot into a coffee shop since! Excellent customer service from Williams Sonoma associates in store when purchasing this product,Date published: 2018-10-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Kerrie from Easy to use with terrific results! I bought this machine 3 months ago and have been using it daily with terrific results. We previously used a terrific Breville Infuser, along with a very expensive non-Breville grinder that crapped out after just about a year. This machine could not be simpler, it grinds, tamps, brews, and froths and does so quickly, with minimal mess, and with excellent results. It has just the right amount of things to tinker with in order to dial in a "perfect" drink, but it certainly is not necessary to fuse with the machine if you don't want to. The downside is obviously the cost, but I have given up trips to the coffee shop and I really get a kick out of making delicious drinks myself.Date published: 2018-08-10