Breville Barista Express Espresso Maker
Get a great cup of espresso – from bean to brew – in less than a minute. This espresso maker grinds the beans right before brewing, and its interchangeable filters and a choice of automatic or manual operation ensure perfect results from beginner and connoisseur alike.
- Choose from automatic and manual settings.
- Built-in conical sintered-steel burr grinder produces precise grinds (15 settings from fine to coarse).
- Airtight round coffee bean hopper preserves freshness and aroma.
- Razor-precise grind dosing dispenses the correct amount of coffee for either single or double shots and can be adjusted to your preferences.
- Integrated tamper with pressure guide.
- Low-pressure preinfusion of coffee for optimal extraction.
- Adjustable brew temperature.
- A 15-bar Italian-made pressure pump ensures maximum extraction of flavor from the coffee.
- Water filter eliminates impurities for better-tasting coffee.
- 360-degree swivel steam wand with frothing nozzle froths milk for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Two interchangeable sets of forged commercial-style filters: dual-wall filters create consistently perfect crema for beginners; single-wall filters allow more experienced brewers to experiment with grind size, volume and tamp force.
- Extra-large water tank and dedicated hot-water outlet.
- Dry-puck feature removes excess water from grinds after extraction, resulting in an easily removable "puck" for fast cleanup.
- Includes a traditional stainless-steel frothing pitcher, scoop and cleaning kit.
- Built-in storage tray holds accessories when not in use.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model #BES870XL
- Stainless-steel housing with aluminum castings.
- 12" x 12 1/4" x 14 1/2" high.
- 67-fl.-oz.-cap. water tank.
- 8-oz.-cap. bean hopper.
- 19-fl.-oz.-cap. milk pitcher.
- 27 lb. 6 oz.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash drip tray.
- Steam wand and frothing attachment should be cleaned after every use. Purge milk from wand and wipe with a damp cloth. Remove attachment and rinse in warm water.
- Filters and holders should be rinsed under water directly after use.
- Wipe brew head interior clean with a damp cloth.
- Wipe exterior clean with a damp cloth.
- Decalcify machine every 2–3 months with a liquid decalcifying agent – do not use powdered decalcifying agents.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Irish Coffee Recipe
Place 2 tsp. sugar in each of 4 mugs. Add 2 Tbs. whiskey to each mug, then fill with coffee. Hold a spoon, rounded side up, over each mug and slowly pour the cream over the spoon, floating it on top of the coffee. Serves 4.
You May Also Need
Breville Knock Box
Rated 1 out of 5 by LilyBell2 from Good espresso while it lasted. I own other Breville kitchen appliances and have been very happy with them. Therefore, I expected the Barista Express to be a good reliable product, and I was pleased with the espresso it produced. I took excellent care of the machine, and anticipated enjoying it for a long time. Unfortunately, after 17 months, the pump died. I researched this issue and found that my experience was far from unusual. Repair was not a good option as it was quite expensive and the machine was out of warranty. More importantly, given the high failure rate of various parts of the machine, the likelihood was too high that something else would soon go wrong. In the end, I decided to cut my losses and not throw good money after bad. I now own a far more expensive but far more reliable Italian made machine that makes far better espresso.Date published: 2017-08-22Rated 2 out of 5 by cookinggardener from Wsste of money Terrible machine. Breville suggested always using double walled filters. Single wall filters are recommended for best results but are difficult to get to adequate pressure. Have never had a hot latte. Follow all instructions but milk doesn't get hot. Sometimes the steamer simply stops working before I turn it off. All in all, too much effort for too much money to get poor results . Don't bother with this.Date published: 2017-08-09Rated 5 out of 5 by BritV from LOVE this! Let me start by saying that I have a short attention span. I hate reading instructions, and my work schedule leaves me with little time. I used the quick start instruction guide. My first cup was good. By the second try, I felt like a pro. This will get daily use at my house. While pricey, it saves me money in the long run. I wanted a quality machine that was relatively easy to use, that didn't require plastic cups that are terrible for the environment. This machine nailed it.Date published: 2017-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by chomp12 from Great Machine I did quite a bit of research before I decided on this particular model, and I'm extremely pleased. It has many components that allow you make adjustments to pull your perfect shot of espresso, but not so many that it seems confusing. I also have a friend who has been a barista, and her family has this machine. They love it. She did warn me to be careful with it, because the pump might stop working after two years (I had read this on some reviews). That's what happened to hers, but she also said, "My dad takes terrible care of it and makes at least two lattes a day." That being said, with good care I expect it to last a long time and continue being excellent!Date published: 2016-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by fremontrealtor from once you learn how to use it, you'll love it at first we thought about returning it, but then we went to my sister who had one and learned how to get the espresso right. i wish it had a bell go off when it hit the right pressure, and verbally suggest what I could do to get better pressure.Date published: 2016-12-26Rated 1 out of 5 by lunaellis from Great espresso, terrible machine My machine gave me trouble at about the 10 month mark. I wasted a lot of expensive beans over the next four months. Not sure how this product has such a high rating because a little research will show that my experience is not atypical. Buyer beware.Date published: 2016-04-11Rated 1 out of 5 by SnappyPuss from Some Like It Hot When I was looking to buy an espresso maker, I wanted a good one and this one had excellent reviews. I don't know if it is my espresso maker in particular, but I cannot get a hot cup of espresso from this machine. I talked to someone at Breville and they were very nice and walked me through the procedure. They tried to blame the beans that I was using... Well, I have tried other beans and ground espresso. I still have yet to get a hot cup of espresso. Last night, I had a cup of espresso at friends' house - they have a Nepresso - the espresso was hot and delicious, much better than I have been able to get from this very expensive machine. Get the Nepresso - I sure wish I did!! I am going to look into returning it as soon as I finish this review.Date published: 2016-04-09Rated 5 out of 5 by MontBlanc from 2ND BREVILLE EXPRESSO MAKER This is our second Breville Expresso Maker and we have been totally impress with this upgrade...If you're having any doubts about purchasing this particular machine, please don't!! I can assure you, it's worth every single dime!!Date published: 2016-04-04