Breville Barista Touch Espresso Machine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The perfect café-quality cup is just a touch away with the Breville Barista Touch – simply swipe through the pictorial touchscreen menu to select your favorite coffee drink. Automatic milk texturing creates the ideal foam for lattes, flat whites and cappuccinos. And with zero heat-up time, there's no waiting between coffee brewing and milk frothing.
- User-friendly color touchscreen lets you swipe through options to select drinks.
- Menu includes espresso, Americano, latte, flat white, cappuccino, plus the option to add 8 personalized beverages.
- Brews 1 or 2 cups at a time.
- Adjust shot volume, milk texture and milk temperature, then save combination of settings as a favorite.
- Automatic hands-free milk texturing based on selected temperature and style, from silky latte to creamy cappuccino.
- Innovative heating system reaches ideal brew temperature in just 3 seconds.
- Onscreen tutorials guide you through each step.
- Bean hopper with built-in stainless-steel conical burr grinder.
- Automatic grind dosing delivers ideal amount of coffee to portafilter on demand, ready to be tamped and trimmed.
- Patented Razor™ tool trims down puck to ideal level for precision dosing and consistent extraction.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 13 1/4" x 12 1/2" x 15 3/4" high.
- 23 lb.
- 68-fl.-oz.-cap. removable water tank.
- 8-oz.-cap. removable bean hopper.
- Model #BES880.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada, and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Designed and engineered in Australia, Made in China.
- 54mm portafilter and tamper.
- Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion gently expands grinds for even extraction.
- Consistent 15-bar extraction pressure with Italian-made pump.
- Manual grind dosing and milk texturing also available.
- Automatic purge removes residual milk from steam wand.
- Adjustable grind size from fine to coarse for optimal extraction.
- Dry puck feature removes excess water from ground coffee in filter basket after extraction for easy disposal of coffee puck.
- Extra-tall cup clearance for tall mugs and glasses.
- Dedicated hot water outlet for making Americanos and preheating cups.
- Heated cup warming tray on top.
- Storage tray houses accessories when not in use.
- Breville Assist Plug features a finger hole for easy removal from power outlet.
- Replaceable water filter removes impurities and prevents scale buildup.
- Automatic cleaning and descaling cycles.
- Brushed stainless-steel body.
- All parts that come in contact with coffee are BPA-free.
- Includes stainless-steel milk jug plus 1-cup and 2-cup filter baskets.
- Use & Care
- Message prompt will appear when cleaning cycle is required. This is a back-flushing cycle and is separate from descaling. Follow instruction on screen.
- Outer housing and cup-warming tray can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Polish with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch surfaces.
- Steam wand should always be cleaned after texturing milk. Wipe steam wand with a damp cloth.
- Filter baskets and portafilter should be rinsed under hot water immediately after use to remove all residual coffee oils.
- Conical burr grinder: Grinder cleaning cycle removes oil buildup on burrs, which can impede performance.
- Drip tray should be removed, emptied and cleaned at regular intervals, particularly when drip tray full indicator displays "EMPTY ME!"
- Descaling: In addition to using the provided water filter, we recommend descaling if there is visible scale buildup in water tank. Go to "Settings" and select "Descale Cycle." Follow instructions on screen.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by coffeaddict from Does exactly what I need it to do We have now had this machine for 5 months and does exactly what I need it to do. This machine makes lattes easily and with minimal fuss. I am not an expert at making coffee drinks, but that does not matter because the machine walks me through making any kind of fancy coffee drink. I don't have to guess when the milk is done frothing or figure out how to brew the espresso. It does take some trial and error when you begin to learn how to make coffee due to the different coffee beans. I found that I have had to alter the grind size using different coffee beans. I find that the coffee is hot enough for me, although it is not as hot as you would get at a coffee shop. I follow the instructions in the manual, which suggest preheating the coffee mug. The filters are available if you contact the manufacturer directly, which is not ideal. Ultimately, this machine performs exactly as I needed it to and I very much enjoy my afternoon coffee!Date published: 2019-03-10Rated 1 out of 5 by AD12 from Doesn't reach proper brew temperature I spent an afternoon trying to dial in shots using high quality, fresh, locally roasted coffee with no success. I started to think that the machine might not brew at the proper temperature. To test my hypothesis, I boiled water in an electric, digitally controlled kettle to boiling (i.e., 212 degrees). I then used that water to warm a double walled glass. I then poured freshly boiled water in the glass and measured the glass using a high quality digital probe. It read 195 degrees. I repeated the experiment immediately (with a freshly warmed glass), using water directly from the brew head (after it had been preheated). The thermometer read 155 degrees. I repeated the experiment again a day later using the milk frothing jug and the thermometer read 145 degrees. Clearly these temperatures are not what is advertised. Nor are they sufficient for brewing espresso. I attempted to contact breville by phone and by their online service portal. After an extensive wait, I received an email asking: "What kind of water are you using in the unit? If you use distilled or reverse osmosis water the unit may have an issue heating as it senses the minerals in the water to gauge volume and temperature." Of course I was using tap water. By that point, I had already exchanged the unit for a replacement. I found exactly the same problem with the replacement unit. Clearly there is a design or manufacturing problem.Date published: 2019-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by homesweethome from Amazing espresso machine I absolutely love this espresso machine. I got it last spring and have used it almost every single day without any problem with the machine whatsoever. Unlike a lot of other espresso machines I looked at, it makes a really nice hot coffee, which is very important to me, and it does an amazing job steaming milk for a latte. Also, it fits under my cabinets, which was the reason I did not get the larger and more expensive Barista Oracle. The only issue I have encountered was trying to find replacement filters. This was frustrating because Williams Sonoma doesn't carry them and they were not available on the Breville website. However, I emailed Breville customer service and received a response the next day. I was told that the website was not updated but that they were indeed in stock. I went ahead and placed an order with the rep and received them within a few days. I actually ordered several so that I would not need to replace them for a while. I very highly recommend the Breville Touch.Date published: 2019-01-25Rated 1 out of 5 by Pedrofu75 from Brew Temperature Issues I bought this Breville Barista Touch after owning a Barista Express for many years. I noticed that the espresso was colder than my old Barista. Despite putting it in the highest setting the temperature would not reach higher temps than 140 degrees when it should be 160 Degrees. I called Breville support and they offered no solutions only excuses. When I googled Barista Touch Temperature problems there are a couple of youtube videos with the same issue so it seems to be a common issue, possibly due to their new heating system. However since I bought from Williams Sonoma and they are AWESOME I will take it back and buy something else.Date published: 2019-01-10Rated 4 out of 5 by The Frustrated Barista from Water filters impossible to find We like the coffee maker - it makes great coffee - but replacements Claris water filters are completely impossible to find. On the Breville web site, they've been "out of stock" for the past year. Why go to the trouble of creating a great product if you're not going to support it?Date published: 2018-11-04Rated 5 out of 5 by WiscoCoffeeMaster from Simply has changed my life Worked in a coffee shop in college and this is the closed thing i have found to a 20K Espresso machine! Absolutely love it. Does a great job making espresso and frothing milk. I do admit the lack of water filters is a little annoying. I did send an email into the support contact and I was taken care of. The water filter is not the end of using the machine, if you love it, filter the water and dump it in the tank...problem solved :).Date published: 2018-10-07Rated 2 out of 5 by Megan from Terrible Customer Service I bought this espresso masker one year ago and was very happy with it until it broke one year later. I have since made multiple attempts to contact Breville Customer Service, waiting on hold in excess of thirty minutes, leaving messages, and ultimately never getting a response. Extremely disappointing for a product this expensive.Date published: 2018-01-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Matt R from Finally found it! This is the third machine I’ve purchased in the last week in my quest to find the perfect home latte maker. First was the Saeco PicoBaristo - a noisy and pricey unit with quirky bugs that have it an feellike it wasn’t worth the money. Next came the Jura E8 - a stylish machine which couldn’t make a large milk drink more than luke warm. Then I found this Barista Touch by chance at Williams Sonoma yesterday. After an hour of fiddling with the machine to learn what I’m supposed to do, I already feel like I have mastered the perfect latte. This machine is incredible and easy to use once you figure it out. I learned the hard way that price doesn’t necessarily get you what you want. If you’re a fan of fresh and robust milk based drinks, I’d call this machine a must have. The price is worth it and I couldn’t be happier. On a side note - the staff at Williams Sonoma in the Phoenix Biltmore store are incredible! I’m very happy I went there for my shopping. We actually bought a bunch of other stuff too.......(I’m writing this while enjoying the best home made latte I have ever had....)Date published: 2017-12-07
What are the dimensions of this product? WS website says 13 1/4" x 12 1/2" x 15 3/4" high, while others say 14.5" x 16.7" x 17.6".The dimensions of the Breville® BES880BSS Barista Touch™ are 12.5"(L) x 12"(W) x 13"(H)Date published: 2019-07-09
Does this machine make Latte Macchiatos?A Latte Macchiato is an espresso drink specifically combined with milk and flavor. It would be up to the Barista operating the appliance to actually create that drink, but the machine can certainly provide the necessary results.Date published: 2019-05-21
Does this machine also make regular coffee along with espresso?Hi Colton1, This machine doesn't make a traditional coffee but it can make an Americano/Long Black which is espresso + hot water.Date published: 2019-02-02