Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, chef-owners at Los Angeles restaurants Jon & Vinny’s, animal and Son of a Gun, shared this recipe for a Meyer lemon vinaigrette, which they use in their recipe for sautéed fluke. It’s also delicious drizzled on almost any type of vegetable, like a salad of arugula and thinly shaved fresh fennel.
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, tarragon, thyme, mustard, sugar and salt until combined. Whisk in the grapeseed and olive oils until well blended. Makes about 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml).
Adapted from a recipe by Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, Chef/Owners of animal, Son of a Gun and Jon & Vinny’s