Swordfish Steaks with Mango and Avocado Salsa
- 2 large, ripe mangoes
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 swordfish steaks, each about 6 oz. and 1 inch thick Lime wedges
In 1 or 2 fry pans large enough to hold the swordfish steaks in a single layer without crowding, warm the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the swordfish and cook until lightly golden on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn the fish, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until lightly golden on the other side and opaque throughout when cut with a knife, about 5 minutes more.
Place the swordfish steaks on warmed individual plates and top with the salsa. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs and serve.