- 2/3 cup medium or long-grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almonds
- 3-inch piece cinnamon stick, preferably Mexican
- 2 1/2 cups hot tap water
- 1 cup sugar, plus more as needed
- 2 cups cold water or milk
Pour the mixture into a blender, add the 1 cup sugar and blend on high speed until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Line a chinois or other fine-mesh sieve with cheesecloth and set over a clean bowl. Pour the mixture through the sieve and press on the solids until only a dry pulp remains. Pour the liquid into a pitcher, add the 2 cups cold water, taste and add a little more sugar, if needed. Pour into ice-filled tall glasses.