Tarragon Chicken Salad
This old-fashioned chicken salad makes a great no-cook summer dinner, whether spooned onto crisp lettuce leaves as a main-course salad or tucked between slices of toasted whole-grain bread for upscale chicken sandwiches.
- 3 Tbs. sour cream
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. chopped pink peppercorns
- 2 cups (12 oz./375 g) diced cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, tarragon, honey and pink peppercorns. Fold in the chicken, celery, green onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Garden Cookbook, by Jeanne Kelley (Weldon Owen, 2013)