- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 3/4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, white and light green portions thinly
sliced, and dark green portion thinly sliced for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter. Add the potato mixture in an even layer. Place the shallow half of the frittata pan upside down on top of the deep pan. Cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender and the underside is well browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Remove the shallow pan, set it over medium heat and melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the rösti into the shallow pan. Set over medium heat and cook, covered, until the other side is well browned and crisp, about 9 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let the rösti stand for 3 minutes, then slide it onto a serving plate. Garnish with the green portions of the onions and cut into wedges. Serves 4.