Rigatoni with Salami, Mozzarella and Arugula
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- About 14 plum tomatoes, cut into medium dice,
or 1 can (35 oz.) plum tomatoes, well drained
and coarsely chopped
- Splash of dry white wine
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 1/4-lb. chunk salami, cut into small cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch arugula, stems removed
- 1 cup grated pecorino toscano or pecorino
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), 12 to 14 minutes.
Add the salami to the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Drain the pasta well and put it in a warmed large, shallow bowl. Add the tomato sauce and toss. Add the mozzarella, arugula and a generous drizzle of olive oil and toss gently. Add a handful of the pecorino cheese and toss. Serve immediately. Pass the remaining pecorino cheese at the table.