Pork Shoulder with Prosciutto and Herbs in an Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 pork shoulder, about 5 lb., butterflied,
excess fat removed
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 lb. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Set an electric pressure cooker to "brown" according to the manufacturer's instructions and warm the olive oil until nearly smoking. Add the roast and brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total, then add the wine and stock. Cover, set the pressure to "high" and cook for 70 minutes. Release the pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Skim the fat from the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a sauceboat. Slice the meat and arrange on a warmed platter. Pass the sauce alongside.