Lobster Rolls with Home-Fried Potato Chips
- 2 russet potatoes, each 8 to 10 oz.
- 2 quarts canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (see related recipe at right)
- 2 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 hot dog buns, split lengthwise about two-thirds
- Melted unsalted butter for brushing
- Minced fresh chervil for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
In a medium Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the oil to 300°F on a deep-frying thermometer. Drain the potatoes and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Working in batches, fry the potatoes until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and immediately toss with salt.
In a bowl, gently stir together the lobster meat, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Brush the outside surfaces of the hot dog buns with butter. Place the closed buns on the griddle and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
Open the buns and fill them with the lobster salad, dividing evenly. Garnish with chervil and lemon wedges. Serve with the potato chips. Serves 4.