Green Bean Salad with Sweet and Sour Mustard Vinaigrette
In this delicious riff on the classic green bean salad, we add earthy chickpeas, crunchy radishes and crumbled bacon, all tossed with a sweet and sour mustard vinaigrette. It’s the perfect side dish for a picnic or barbecue. For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise and blanched
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 bacon slices, cooked until crisp and crumbled (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard and chives. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the green beans, chickpeas, radishes and bacon. Add the vinaigrette and toss well to combine. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 6.