Chicken with Prosciutto and Balsamic
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
lightly pounded to 1⁄2-inch thickness
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus
more as needed
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- 2 to 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Working in batches, cook the chicken until golden brown underneath, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook until golden brown underneath, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
Whisk the stock into the pan. Add the prosciutto and vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, return the chicken to the pan and cook, basting occasionally with the sauce, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and serve alongside. Serves 6.