Broccoli Slaw with Pine Nuts
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. coarse-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 packages (each 1 lb.) broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw mix, currants, parsley and pine nuts. Add the dressing and toss to coat the salad evenly. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or, for transporting, pack in an airtight container. Serves 8.
Make-Ahead Tip: The dressing can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Easy Entertaining, by George Dolese (Simon & Schuster, 2005).