Zucchini and Carrot Noodles
This colorful vegetable dish is the perfect accompaniment to roasted or baked fished. For a beautiful presentation, arrange the zucchini and carrot noodles on a platter and top with the fish. A mandoline makes it easy to cut the zucchini and carrots into uniform julienne.
- 6 zucchini, about 2 lb. total, ends trimmed
- 4 carrots, about 1 1/2 lb. total, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and melt the butter. Add the zucchini, carrots and chili flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chives and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Serves 8.