Tomato Salad with Parsley, Feta and Pistachios
When it comes to ripe summer tomatoes, the less you mess with them, the better, and this recipe proves the point. A drizzle of olive oil and Champagne vinegar plus a sprinkling of feta, pistachios and fresh parsley allow the tomatoes’ fresh flavor to shine. It’s the type of salad that Williams Sonoma partner and style icon Aerin Lauder would serve at alfresco parties at her family’s home in the Hamptons.
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) wedges
- 1 cup (6 oz./185 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Arrange the tomato wedges on a serving platter and scatter the cherry tomatoes on top. Season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil and vinegar. Top with the cheese, pistachios and parsley and serve immediately. Serves 8.
Recipe courtesy of Aerin Lauder in collaboration with the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen