Shaved Rainbow Carrots with Parsley
Garden-fresh salads don’t get much simpler—or more beautiful—than this one, which combines thinly shaved rainbow carrots with parsley and a shallot vinaigrette. Serve as a colorful starter for a sit-down dinner or include on a buffet table when you’re hosting a crowd.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches baby rainbow carrots, trimmed
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk in the olive oil and season with pepper. Set the vinaigrette aside.
Using a mandoline, slice the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons. Transfer to a bowl and add the parsley. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve. Serves 6.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen