Mediterranean Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled,
halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves,
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, salt and a pinch of pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until smooth.
Add the radishes, cucumber, mint and farro to the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Gently toss in the spinach and feta and serve. Serves 4
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Salad, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).