Green Goddess Dip
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh chervil, plus chervil leaves for garnish
- 2 or 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (6 oz./185 g) sour cream
- Sweet paprika for garnish (optional)
- Crudités for serving (see related tip)
In a blender or food processor, combine the chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, chervil, anchovies, shallot, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute or about 15 pulses.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. Garnish with chervil leaves and paprika, if desired, and serve with crudités for dipping. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen