Baked Strawberry-Almond Oatmeal
We’ve given oatmeal a delicious makeover by adding fresh strawberries, sliced almonds, almond milk and warming spices. And it couldn’t be easier to make. Just combine all the ingredients and then bake. In about 30 minutes, you’ll have a comforting meal that will satisfy children and adults alike.
- 1 1/2 cups (4 1/2 oz./140 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) sliced almonds
- 1 lb. (500 g) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz./105 g) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) almond milk
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a large gratin dish or 8-inch (20-cm) ovenproof nonstick fry pan.
Spread the oats evenly in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the almonds and top with the strawberries in an even layer.
In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and salt. Add the egg and whisk to combine. Add the almond milk and melted butter and whisk until blended. Pour evenly over the oat mixture.
Bake until the oats are very tender and the liquid thickens, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen