Avocado Toast with Herbed Goat Cheese and Fried Egg
Turn basic avocado toast into a hearty weekend brunch or easy weekday lunch with the addition of herbed goat cheese, ricotta salata and a fried egg. If you want a little extra kick, drizzle the finished dish with chili oil or your favorite hot sauce.
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 slices country-style bread
- 4 Tbs. (2 oz./60 g) herbed goat cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs, fried to your desired doneness
- 1 oz. (30 g) ricotta salata, shaved
- 2 tsp. chili oil (optional)
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bread and toast, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Spread the goat cheese on the toast, dividing it evenly. Top each piece of toast with the avocado slices, a fried egg, the ricotta salata and chili oil. Drizzle lightly with more olive oil and garnish with snipped chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 2.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen