Anchoïade with Radishes, Fennel, Celery and Carrots
For the anchoïade:
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. anchovy fillets, preferably olive oil packed
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed and then minced
- 1 bunch red radishes, trimmed
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch thick and 1/2 inch wide
- 4 celery stalks, cut into pieces 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick
Arrange the radishes, fennel, celery and carrots in a serving bowl or on a platter. Serve accompanied with the anchoïade. Serves 8.
Serving Tip: Offer a couple of crusty baguettes or some bread sticks along with the vegetables.