Roasted Autumn Vegetables
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed,
peeled and cut into rounds 1/2 inch thick
- 4 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced on the
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and cut into rounds
1/2 inch thick
- 3 Tbs. wildflower honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Arrange the sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips in the prepared pan. Toss the vegetables with the remaining 6 Tbs. melted butter, then drizzle with the honey. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the lemon juice and raisins.
Roast the vegetables, turning twice, until tender, about 1 hour.
Using 2 large spoons, gently transfer the vegetables to a warmed platter. Serve hot. Serves 8.
Serving Tip: If desired, before serving the roasted vegetables, stir them with a wooden spoon to break them up and mash them together for a homey, comforting side dish.