Spaghetti with Stuffed Meatballs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 lb. mozzarella or provolone cheese, cut into
- Olive oil for frying
- About 6 cups tomato sauce
- 2 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
In a large electric skillet set on medium-high heat, heat 1/2 inch of oil until almost smoking. Add the meatballs and cook until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray.
Discard the oil in the pan. Pour the tomato sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more.
Put the pasta in a warmed large, shallow bowl. Top with the sauce and meatballs and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately and pass the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese at the table. Serves 10 to 12.