Swirl up a sweet treat in no time using the powerful Vitamix. Combining chocolate, avocados, almond milk, maple syrup and optional matcha (green tea powder), this luscious vegan mousse will satisfy any sweet tooth. For a light and fluffy texture, serve the mousse immediately after making it. If you like, you can let it stand at room temperature or refrigerate for up to an hour after whipping it up. It will become thicker and firmer—more like fudge than a mousse—and will still taste delicious.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 5 oz. (155 g) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup (2 1/4 oz./65 g) Dutch process cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz./160 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (5 1/2 oz./170 g) maple syrup or granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. matcha (optional)
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
In a Vitamix blender, combine the avocados, chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, matcha, vanilla and kosher salt and blend on low speed until combined. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides, then blend on high speed until the mixture is silky smooth, about 3 minutes.
Divide the mousse among six 4–fl. oz. (125-ml) ramekins. Top with the pistachios, dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with flaky salt. Serves 6.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen