Three-Bean Salad with Toasted Coriander Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lb. fresh flageolet beans or other fresh
shelling beans, shelled
- 1 lb. yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into
- 1 lb. haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3/4 cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the coriander, shaking the pan occasionally, until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and shallots. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the safflower oil to form a vinaigrette. Stir in the lemon zest and coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
Combine all the beans in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to mix well. Let stand for at least 1 hour to marinate, or refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.