Creamy Herb Dip with Crudités
This is a great dip to make if you have a kitchen herb garden; swap in other fresh herbs such as thyme, tarragon or basil. Serve it with a platter of raw vegetables for a tasty and beautiful appetizer. The dip can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- 5 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 small raw golden beets, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 bunches small carrots, trimmed and peeled
In a blender or food processor, whirl the goat cheese, yogurt, dill, parsley and lemon juice until smooth. Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl.
Arrange the radishes, beets, sugar snap peas and carrots on a platter or serving board. Place the bowl of dip on the platter and serve immediately. Makes about 1 cup dip; serves 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Healthy in a Hurry, by Karen Ansel, MS, RD and Charity Ferreira (Weldon Owen, 2011).