Fresh ginger adds a subtle kick to this frosty summer cocktail, which comes together in a flash in a Vitamix blender. To make simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 large peach, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 tsp. minced peeled ginger
- 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 fl. oz. (60 ml) simple syrup or agave nectar
- 4 fl. oz. (125 ml) vodka
- 2 cups (8 oz./250 g) ice cubes
In a Vitamix blender, place all the ingredients in the order listed, with the mango on the bottom and the ice cubes on top. Blend on low 10 seconds, then gradually increase the speed to the highest setting until smoothly pureed, about 45 seconds. Serves 4.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen