Lemon-Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each about 6 oz.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, white portion only
- 20 thin slices sandwich bread
In a bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the lemon juice, celery and green onions until blended and smooth. Fold in the chicken.
Trim the crusts from the bread slices. Spread each of the slices with mayonnaise. Divide the chicken mixture among 10 of the slices. Put the remaining bread slices on top and press gently. Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal. Arrange the sandwiches on a platter and serve immediately. Makes 10 sandwiches.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch, by Georgeanne Brennan, Elinor Klivans, Jordan Mackay and Charles Pierce (Oxmoor House, 2007).