- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. water
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs. chopped fines herbes (fresh chives,
tarragon, parsley and chervil)
- 4 cups creamed spinach (see related recipe)
- 8 cooked artichoke hearts (fresh or canned),
- 8 poached eggs
- 8 slices toast, halved diagonally
Continue to whisk the mixture while slowly pouring in the melted butter in a thin stream until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add the fines herbes. Keep the hollandaise sauce warm but not hot until ready to serve.
Divide the creamed spinach among 4 plates and top each with 4 artichoke halves. Place 2 poached eggs atop the artichokes. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the hollandaise sauce over each serving and arrange the toast around the plates. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Inspired by the classic brunch dish served in New Orleans restaurants.