Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 large English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled,
halved, seeded and coarsely grated, plus 6
paper-thin cucumber slices with skin intact for
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 2 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill, plus 6 dill sprigs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbs. white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Add the grated cucumber, garlic, olive oil, mint, chopped dill and milk and mix well. Stir in the vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Before serving the soup, season with salt and pepper. Ladle into chilled individual bowls and garnish each serving with a cucumber slice and a dill sprig. Serve well chilled.