- Beehive Coffee Rubbed Cheese & Salami Collection $59.95
- Best of Cellars at Jasper Hill Cheese Collection $54.95
- Cellars at Jasper Hill Cheese Collection $79.95
- Cellars at Jasper Hill Taste of Vermont Cheese Collection $59.95
- Best of Point Reyes Cheese Collection $49.95
- Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Collection $59.95
- Manchego with Honey and Almonds $49.95
- Spanish Cheese Collection $59.95
- Plymouth Artisan Cheese Collection $49.95
- Deer Creek Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Collection $59.95
- UK Cheese Collection $59.95
- Vermont Farmstead Cheese Collection $59.95
- Raclette Cheese $39.95
- Full Wheel of Prima Donna Cheese $699.95
Semi Firm Cheese
If you’re planning a cocktail party or simply want a few delectable treats to snack on at home, having food you enjoy is paramount. Rich, tasty and loaded with nutrients, cheese has long been a staple at cocktail events and parties, and is often the perfect snack to serve before dinner, or to eat as an after-dinner treat. Particularly if you’re planning a wine and cheese get-together for your book club, or are having a small housewarming party, pairing wine, cheese and fruit is an art. Shop Williams-Sonoma for an array of semi firm cheese and other delicious treats to help make your party a success.
The term “semi firm” refers to the texture of the cheese. You may have noticed that most cheddar particularly has a firm texture, while brie and other gourmet cheeses are soft, almost spreadable. In between these two opposites falls a variety of semi firm cheeses that are aromatic and buttery, such as Tome des Picton, Manchego and soft Wisconsin cheddar. If you’re planning a party, it’s a good idea to opt for a complete cheese set, so everyone is bound to find a cheese that they enjoy within.
Many different types of semi firm cheeses are available. You will find that the French semi firm cheeses are perhaps the most aromatic and buttery. Pair these on a cheese board with an array of light fruits, such as grapes and strawberries. A Spanish cheese collection is another consideration, particularly if you want to add a little bit of pep to the flavor. Spanish cheeses are also derived from goat’s milk as well as cow’s and sheep’s milk, offering a distinctive flavor. Cheeses like Ibores are especially tangy and go well with a light, plain cracker. Some of these cheeses also feature a crumbly texture, which is part of why they fall within the semi firm category.
You may also opt for exotic cheeses made right here in the USA, from farms in Vermont or Wisconsin. These cheeses easily rival their European counterparts, with choices such as Landaff, which is a cave-aged cheese, and Bayley Hazen Blue, which is derived directly from the raw milk of Vermont cows. If you’d like to offer up a little bit of meat along with the cheeses, opt for a cheese collection that includes gourmet meats as well. Choose from selections that offer cured meats such as different types of salami to add more flavor to your table.