Smoky Mushroom and Ham Skewers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, plus more for
- 1 lb. large cremini mushrooms, brushed clean
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. thinly sliced serrano ham or prosciutto, cut
into strips 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide
In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup olive oil and the 1 1/2 tsp. paprika.
In a bowl, combine the mushrooms and 3 Tbs. of the olive oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper and stir gently to coat. Lay the ham strips on a work surface and brush with the remaining olive oil mixture. Fold each piece lengthwise into thirds.
Thread the mushrooms onto the skewers, alternating with the ham strips and dividing them equally.
Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and the ham is crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a warmed platter, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of paprika. Serves 4.