Calphalon Contemporary Self-Sharpening 20-Piece Block Set with SharpIN Technology
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Calphalon's Contemporary Self-Sharpening Cutlery combines top culinary performance and sleek, modern style with ingenious SharpIN Technology. Offering a great variety of knives and sizes, the 20-piece set includes a storage block with built-in ceramic sharpeners in seven of the slots. Whenever you pull out a knife or put it back, the blade is sharpened at the correct angle, ensuring optimal functionality.
- Razor-sharp blades are fully forged from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel.
- Bolsters and full tangs ensure ideal balance and maximum strength.
- High-impact plastic handles are ergonomically contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- For easy identification, each piece features a convenient end cap labeled with the knife's name and size.
- Seven slots in storage block have integrated ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen straight-edge knives: paring, boning, 5" and 7" santoku, utility, chef's and slicing.
20-piece set includes:
- 4 1/2" paring knife.
- 5" boning knife.
- 5" santoku.
- 5" tomato/bagel knife.
- 6" fork.
- 6" utility knife.
- 7" santoku.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8" slicing knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Kitchen shears.
- 19-slot pine storage block with walnut finish.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2" Paring Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 5" Boning Knife: 5 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.4 oz.
- 5" Santoku: 5 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 8.3 oz.
- Tomato/Bagel Knife: 5"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 6" Fork: 10 1/2" long overall; 6.7 oz.
- 6" Utility Knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.6 oz.
- 7" Santoku: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.3 oz.
- 8" Bread Knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8" Chef's knife: 8 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 10.4 oz.
- 8" Slicer: 8 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 7.2 oz.
- Steak Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handles; 2 oz. each.
- Storage Block: 9 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 9 1/4" high.
- Steak knives are precision-stamped from Asian high-carbon steel.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Storage slots with an integrated sharpener automatically sharpen straight-edge blades every time you remove or return knives to the block. There is no need to bear down or apply excessive pressure; the sharpener is designed to work efficiently with your natural motion.
- Do not place serrated-edge knives in the sharpening slots. Sharpen serrated knives at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have them sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dianne from I’m in love Great knives, self sharpening is a plus and great warrantyDate published: 2019-11-04Rated 2 out of 5 by Mel23 from not so durable After a coupe of years regular use, the 8'' slicer literally broke midway ...never seen from another knife and didn't expect it from calphalonDate published: 2018-10-23Rated 5 out of 5 by CiCi from Amazing set of knives My husband bought me this set last weekend and they were invaluable for preparing Easter dinner. I love the weight of these knives and the feel of the handles! This set has every blade i could ask for and man are these blades sharp.Date published: 2018-04-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Cogic29150 from Great knives I just bought them a few weeks ago I love them very sharp knives and cones with sharpener great buyDate published: 2018-03-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve4259 from Best knives I have ever owned I have had my set for about a month, I love them. They are sharp and fit my hands very wellDate published: 2018-01-14Rated 1 out of 5 by AberganATL from Rust! Bought these knives after rave reviews only to have them rust the first week! We hand wash the larger knives and dish wash the steak knives. All showed significant rust. Also, the dark block shows every small spot and scratch too well to have out on display. I thought the labeled knives would be helpful, it just looks cheap. I did tons of research prior to my purchase for this somewhat basic set and so upset I had to return them because it truly should have been a good set. Oh well.Date published: 2017-09-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Ellen Weaver from What a difference!! I bought this around the beginning of the year, and they have made much kitchen work a joy instead of a chore. (I guess my previous motley collection was pretty much a disgrace!) LOVE the self-sharpening feature. The knives are well balanced and easy to use. Having the names of the knives on the ends of the handles eliminates some aggravation -- a lot of visitors who notice that comment on how much they like that feature. Go for it!Date published: 2017-09-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Manette72 from Great knives Lil mix up with shipping but speed of service was greatDate published: 2017-05-13