Weve entered a new era in the way we cook outdoors. Gone are the days when the backyard chef would simply build a fire in a grill, toss on a hamburger or steak, turn it once and then call out, "Come and get it!"
Adventurous cooks have learned that, with a little attention to detail, almost all of the same foods regularly cooked on a stovetop or in an oven can be cooked outdoors. Thus, the pleasures of preparing food in the open air, of savoring the flavor delivered by the smoke of a live fire, have expanded dramatically.
We offer a wealth of information to help make your summer grilling season a success. For many expert tips and tricks, click on one of the links to the right.
- Choosing a Grill >
- Grill Types >
- The Equipment – Grill Care >
- Fire-Building Basics >
- The Techniques – Grilling Safety >
- Direct-Heat Grilling >
- Indirect-Heat Grilling >
- Rotisserie Grilling >
- Secrets to Great Grilling – Beef >
- Secrets to Great Grilling – Lamb >
- Secrets to Great Grilling – Poultry >
- Secrets to Great Grilling – Seafood >
- Secrets to Great Grilling – Vegetables >