- La Coupole Round Iron Bistro Table with Marble Top $2,195 – $2,995
- La Coupole Round Iron Bistro Table with Glass Top $1,595 – $1,995
- La Coupole Round Iron Bistro Table with Wood Top Sugg. Price $1,795 Sale $1,249.99
- Santa Monica Dining Table $695
- Mercer Round Dining Table with Glass Top $1,295
- Mercer Round Dining Table with Carrara Marble Top $2,295
- Tulip Pedestal Round Dining Table, Aged Bronze $1,895 – $2,895
- Tulip Pedestal Round Dining Table, Polished Nickel $1,995 – $2,995
- Tulip Pedestal Oval Dining Table, Aged Bronze $2,295 – $2,495
- Tulip Pedestal Oval Dining Table, Polished Nickel $2,395 – $2,595
- Navarro Round Dining Table Sugg. Price $3,295 Our Price $2,306.50
- Balustrade Round Dining Table $1,895
- La Coupole Indoor/Outdoor Dining Table, Round Black Granite Top $295
- La Coupole Indoor/Outdoor Dining Table, Round Pietra Cardoza Top $295 – $2,995
- La Coupole Bar Bistro Table with Glass Top Sugg. Price $1,495 Sale $949.99
- La Coupole Bar Bistro Table with Marble Top Sugg. Price $1,995 Sale $1,399.99
- Stevenson Round Dining Table, Polished Nickel Sugg. Price $2,295 Sale $1,499.99
- Stevenson Round Dining Table, Antique Brass Sugg. Price $2,295 Sale $1,499.99
A kitchen table may be modest compared to its relative in the dining room, but this piece of furniture becomes a hub of activity on a daily basis. It’s a meeting point for friends who chat over a cup of coffee. It’s a quiet spot for a child to do homework while a parent prepares the evening meal. It’s a place where the family gathers for weekend breakfasts. Our collection of kitchen furniture at Williams Sonoma features a variety of kitchen tables, from small bistro-style stands perfect for one or two people to elongated buffets with room for the whole family.
Round or Rectangular
Although the shape and size of your kitchen greatly influences which table you choose, your first consideration is whether you want a round or rectangular table top. Round tables create a more intimate environment since everyone sitting at the table is able to look at and talk to each other without straining to see across the tabletop. The corner-free shape works well in small spaces and is a natural match for a bay window. Create a cozy dining spot with a round bistro table featuring cast-iron legs and a marble top. Make a bright breakfast nook using a table with a metal base and glass top.
The elongated shape of a rectangular table lets you bring more people to the table and gives you a wider surface area for decorating and creating tablescapes. These tables also fit well in narrow rooms, and you can even push them up against a short wall to maximize space. Alternatively, take advantage of the long lines and place the table in front of a large picture window to emphasize the view. Create a dramatic vantage point in the room by pairing the table with a wide chandelier or tall chairs. Enjoy the traditional feel of a wooden table set with classic tableware.
Your kitchen table is a piece of furniture and a work of art. It should complement the rest of the kitchen design and hold up under the pressure tests you give it. Choose a table topped with natural marble for a cool addition to the room. The natural veining in the marble gives the space a touch of elegance and doubles as a work space for preparing candies and pastry dough. Select wood if you prefer a classic material that warms up the room and blends in with a variety of styles, from rustic to contemporary. Opt for glass if you want an ultra-modern table or want to bring the illusion of more space to a small kitchen. You may even want to try mixing different materials and look for tables that combine a wood surface with a metal frame or glass top with shiny brass legs.
One of the first details you notice about a table from a distance is the legs. Pick a pedestal table with a single curved post to maximize the amount of foot room available under the table. Try a table with interlocking, crossing or trestle legs if you prefer a more solid-looking table with a contemporary design. You still have the benefit of ample space under the table, while enjoying the detail of the geometric pattern the table legs form. Coordinate the profile of the table with a pendant or lantern from the kitchen lighting collection to complete the kitchen dining area.
Whether it’s by choice or by design, spending time at the kitchen table is one way to bond with your loved ones. Create an inviting spot in your home’s most active room with one of the tables from our collection.