Eggs en Cocotte
- 4 tsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cooked diced bacon or ham
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tsp. shredded Gruyère cheese
- 4 eggs
- 8 tsp. heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Butter the 4 ramekins. Put 1 Tbs. bacon in the bottom of each ramekin and top with 1 Tbs. cheese. Break 1 egg into each ramekin, then top each with 2 tsp. cream and 1 tsp. cheese.
Grasping the wire cup holder with a pot holder, place the ramekins in the metal insert. Cover the pan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes for runny yolks, 9 to 10 minutes for firm yolks.
Grasping the wire cup holder with a pot holder, remove the ramekins from the metal insert. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, top each with 1/2 tsp. parsley and serve immediately. Serves 4.