Chipotle Chicken Panini
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each about 8 oz., tenders
removed and breasts butterflied
- 8 tsp. spicy chipotle rub
- 8 slices country-style bread, each cut on the bias 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- 8 tsp. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
Rub each chicken breast on both sides with 2 tsp. chipotle rub. Place 1 chicken breast on the preheated panini press, close the lid, and cook until the chicken is firm in the center and nicely grill-marked on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to cook the remaining chicken breast. Cut each breast in half.
Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Turn the slices over and spread each with 1 tsp. mayonnaise. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each of 4 slices. Top with the chicken and avocado slices, dividing evenly, then sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top each sandwich with one of the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
Place 2 of the sandwiches on the panini press, close the lid, and cook until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board. Repeat to cook the remaining sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve immediately. Serves 4.