Farfalle with Arugula Pesto and Tomatoes (Farfalle con Pesto di Arugula)
- 6 oz. arugula, tough stems removed (about 4
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese, plus
shaved cheese for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. farfalle
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved, or chopped
Meanwhile, bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil over high heat. Salt generously and add the pasta. Cook, stirring frequently, until al dente (tender but firm to the bite). Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Place the pasta in a large warmed serving bowl along with the pesto. Toss well, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to thin the sauce. Add the tomatoes and toss again. Garnish with the cheese shavings and serve immediately.