- Wüsthof Legende Hollow-Edge Santoku Sugg. Price $91 – $101 Our Price $69.95 – $79.95
- Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $147 – $177 Our Price $59.95 – $139.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $187 – $212 Our Price $89.95 – $169.95
- Wüsthof Gourmet Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $86 – $112 Our Price $64.95 – $84.95
- Wüsthof Classic 8" Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $187 Our Price $149.95
- Wüsthof Epicure 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $250 Our Price $189.95
- Wüsthof Urban Farmer 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku Sugg. Price $125 Our Price $59.95
- Wüsthof Classic 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife with Board Sugg. Price $187 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Grand Prix II Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $100 – $113 Our Price $59.95 – $89.95
- Wüsthof Grand Prix II 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife with Board Sugg. Price $128 Our Price $89.95
- Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku with Care Kit Sugg. Price $250 Our Price $199.95
- Wüsthof Pro Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife Sugg. Price $62 Our Price $54.95
- Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Chai Dao Knife Sugg. Price $177 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Classic 5" Hollow-Edge Santoku Sugg. Price $147 Our Price $59.95
Get Great Cuts with A Wusthof Nakiri Knife
Get to know your Eastern cutlery with a Wusthof nakiri knife. The nakiri is an everyday classic, used for a variety of kitchen prep in Asian kitchens. Now, it makes its way into European and American homes with its exceptionally sharp blade and lightweight functionality. This knife lets you expand your culinary repertoire to include cross-cultural, fusion or familiar meals with ease. German knife maker Wusthof provides its centuries of experience to create a nakiri that rivals any of the Asian collections. See for yourself when you shop Williams Sonoma.
Adding Eastern Knives to Your Collection
Adding Eastern knives to your kitchen can make you a better home chef in no time. Most people select two specific styles of Eastern cutlery--the santoku and the nakiri.
- The santoku knife is similar to the chef's or utility knife. These blades can be used across many ingredients for every meal of the day.
- The nakiri looks similar to a meat cleaver with a rectangular blade and sturdy handle. This is a more compact and graceful take on a cleaver. It's made for veggies, especially tough root vegetables, or certain cuts of meat.
- One of the main reasons to add Eastern knives to your collection, even if you normally skew towards European crafted knives, is that the blades are angled differently.
- Your Wusthof nakiri knife features a double beveled blade, refined to an incredibly sharp angle, in order to give you perfect, even slices when you use it in a rhythmic, measured fashion.
What You Can Do with Your Nakiri
The nakiri can become an everyday knife in your home, too. These blades handle an incredibly versatile range of tasks that make experimenting with new techniques or recipes really satisfying.
- Use the entire blade of your nakiri knife. While a chef's knife is used mostly at the tip or via a rocking motion, the nakiri is a whole-blade experience. Give it a good chop to get through veggies and more.
- Mince herbs, garlic and ginger quickly and perfectly with a Wusthof nakiri. Go with the same chopping motion to really release the aromas and flavors.
- Tenderize meat with the back side of your blade. Then, use the blade to cut crosswise, lengthwise or into medallions.
Shop The Wusthof Classic Nakiri Knife and Other Blades
Wusthof brings its exceptional reputation to their Japanese-inspired knives. The cutlery has been run by the same family for seven generations from a town called Solingen in Germany, known fondly as The City of Blades.
- Choose a Wusthof Classic nakiri knife to expand your collection of Wusthof Classic cutlery. The line includes several knives you need for basic and specialty tasks.
- For a larger knife, try a nakiri from the Wusthof Classic Ikon range. The arched handle of this knife is a great way to get used to the chopping motion of the nakiri after using Western knives.
Delight in the sharp, precise cuts you can create with your Wusthof when you shop today.