- Wüsthof Classic 10" Double-Serrated Bread Knife Sugg. Price $164 Our Price $129.95
- Wüsthof Classic Double-Serrated Bread Knife Sugg. Price $152 Our Price $119.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon Double-Serrated Bread Knife Sugg. Price $202 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Gourmet Bread Knife Sugg. Price $76 Our Price $59.95
- Wüsthof Epicure 9" Double-Serrated Bread Knife Sugg. Price $225 Our Price $179.95
- Wüsthof Urban Farmer 9" Bread Knife Sugg. Price $106 Our Price $84.95
- Wüsthof Legende Double-Serrated Bread Knife, 9" Sugg. Price $121 Our Price $94.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon 8" Bread Knife Sugg. Price $177 Our Price $119.95
- Wüsthof Gourmet 5" Ultimate Breakfast Knife Sugg. Price $50 Our Price $39.95
- Wüsthof Grand Prix II Double-Serrated Bread Knife $119.95
- Wüsthof Pro Bread Knife $44.95
- Wüsthof Classic Super Slicer Sugg. Price $177 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Classic Deli Knife, 8" Sugg. Price $137 Our Price $109.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon 8" Deli Knife Sugg. Price $202 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon Super Slicer Sugg. Price $212 Our Price $149.95
- Wüsthof Gourmet Deli Knife, 8" Sugg. Price $75 Our Price $59.95
- Wüsthof Grand Prix II 8" Bread Knife $109.95
- Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 8" Bread Knife with Care Kit Sugg. Price $225 Our Price $179.95
Selecting A Wusthof Bread Knife
Make slicing bread your new favorite kitchen task with a Wusthof bread knife. These serrated knives are a genius solution for cutting through loaves, sandwiches, cakes and more. Many home chefs use theirs daily, so if you know this is an essential in your home, shop for one of the best styles available with selections from Wusthof. The German knife maker is recognized around the world as a top-notch choice for your cutlery.
Why You Need a Wusthof Bread Knife
A serrated knife is a basic in every kitchen. This item is a must-have for most homes and once you have a high-quality one, you'll realize why some of the best home chefs love them.
- A Wusthof serrated knife is known for its ability to cut through bread and other soft foods. The crust and softer interior of bread stay as they're meant to be enjoyed. This knife can handle multiple textures at once without crushing or smashing food.
- Serrated knives have pointed or scalloped teeth that hook into food, so that you can choose a rocking or sawing motion for foods that need different grips or friction to cut appropriately.
- These knives are excellent for more than just bread. Try waxy foods, like peppers, or citrus to cut through the veined layers while retaining juices. They make short work of tomato slicing.
Investing in A Single Wusthof Serrated Bread Knife
Many Wusthof knife sets already include a serrated bread knife. This is such an everyday item that if you select a set with three or more knives, one of them is usually a bread knife.
You still may want a single knife if you are replacing well-worn favorites or use yours often enough that having two is a good idea. Specialized features may also spur you to choose a new knife.
- Offset handles are easy to spot for their unique silhouette. While the dramatic handle profile is great at creating clearance for your hands when using a cutting board, even a slight arch or taper can make a difference in your grip's comfort.
- Deli knife styles allow you to cut through thick bread or sandwiches that you pile high while keeping the sandwich ingredients together. They are often shaped to use with spreads or dressings, so you can slather condiments on the bread with them.
- Breakfast knife styles fit into many jam and other jars and are made to cut toasted bread without worrying about crumbs.
- A confectioner's knife is perfect for slicing through the layers of a carefully-made cake. Let this knife preserve textures across different styles of filling, cake or icing.
If you find that you choose your Wusthof knife for a specific purpose, you may want to consider a companion knife to match with it. For instance, cheese knives pair well with bread knives for platters.