- Williams-Sonoma 2-Piece Carving Set, Rubberwood $89.95
- Williams-Sonoma Ultimate Carving Board, Maple $189.95
- Williams Sonoma Walnut Handled Prep Cutting Board $79.95 – $129.95
- Williams Sonoma Maple Handled Prep Cutting Board $49.95 – $89.95
- Williams Sonoma End-Grain Cutting Board with Feet, Acacia $69.95
- Williams Sonoma End-Grain Cutting Board, Acacia $99.95
- Williams-Sonoma Ultimate Carving Board $249.95
- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Maple Sugg. Price $69.95 – $139.95 Our Price $69.95 – $119.95
- Williams Sonoma Wooden Magnetic Knife Holder Bar, Walnut Sugg. Price $99.95 – $199.95 Our Price $99.95 – $149.95
- Williams Sonoma Rectangular Cutting Board with Feet, Maple $99.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Cutting Board, Walnut $129.95 – $329.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Cutting Board, Maple $59.95 – $199.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Cutting Board, Cherry $99.95 – $269.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Carving Board, Walnut $199.95 – $429.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Carving Board, Maple $129.95 – $199.95
- Williams Sonoma Edge-Grain Carving Board, Cherry $139.95 – $299.95
- Williams Sonoma End-Grain Cutting Board, Cherry $199.95
- Williams Sonoma Striped Cutting Board, Maple & Walnut $149.95
- Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen Cutting Board & Knife Set, Acacia $59.95
- Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen Cutting Board, Acacia $19.95
- Williams Sonoma Prep Cutting Board, Walnut $69.95 – $99.95
- Williams Sonoma Prep Cutting Board, Maple $29.95 – $49.95
- Williams Sonoma Prep Carving Board, Walnut $89.95 – $99.95
- Williams Sonoma Prep Carving Board, Maple $79.95
- Williams Sonoma Carving Board, Teak $39.95 – $49.95
- Williams Sonoma 35-Slot Knife Block $149.95 – $189.95
- Williams Sonoma 22-Slot Knife Block $79.95 – $129.95
- Williams Sonoma 17-Slot Knife Block $69.95 – $89.95
- Williams Sonoma 9-Slot Knife Block $49.95 – $69.95
- Williams Sonoma In-Drawer 15-Slot Knife Organizer $49.95 – $79.95
- Williams Sonoma In-Drawer 7-Slot Knife Organizer $29.95 – $49.95
- Williams Sonoma Outdoor Walnut Steak Knives, Set of 4 $79.95
- Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen 3-Piece Knife Set $49.95
- Williams Sonoma 2-Piece Carving Set $79.95
- Williams Sonoma Bread Board without Handle, Walnut $69.95
- Williams Sonoma Bread Board with Handle, Walnut $79.95
- Williams Sonoma Essential Carving Board, Maple $199.95
- Williams Sonoma Essential Carving Board, Walnut $299.95
- Williams Sonoma Synthetic Over-the-Sink Strainer Cutting Board $49.95
- Williams Sonoma Synthetic Non-Slip Cutting Board $19.95
- Williams Sonoma Slicing Knife Blade Guard $4.95
- Williams Sonoma Basic Blade Guards, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $16.90 Our Price $14.95
- Williams Sonoma Chef's Knife Blade Guard $3.95 – $5.95
- Williams Sonoma Paring Knife Blade Guard Sugg. Price $2.95 – $3.50 Sale $1.99 – $3.50
- Williams Sonoma Utility Knife Blade Guard $3.50
- Williams Sonoma Chef's Knife Magnetic Blade Guard Sugg. Price $14.95 Sale $6.99
- Williams Sonoma Paring & Utility Knife Magnetic Blade Guard Sugg. Price $9.95 Sale $4.99
The cutting board is not just an essential kitchen tool. It is an iconic housewarming and wedding gift, symbolizing the start of meal preparation. Cutting boards are used for slicing meats or cheeses, cutting fruits and vegetables and preparing ingredients for all sorts of meals like chopped salads, stir fries, pizza, avocado appetizers, cabbage slaw, spring rolls, and much more. Be sure to check out our Williams-Sonoma cutting boards to see which board will work best for the meals you like to create.
Cutting boards are created from a vast variety of base materials, with each material offering an array of advantages. Wood cutting boards are the top choice of professional chefs and many dedicated home chefs as well. They protect your knives and can be easily cleaned in warm, soapy water. Others opt for marble cutting boards since they are resistant to bacteria, very durable and simple to clean. Marble cutting boards also remain cool even in the heat of summer, and you can store them in the freezer as needed. Other popular cutting board materials are bamboo and glass.
Knives are something else to consider. Since the longevity of your knives will depend on the cutting board you get and regularly use. Knife blocks ensure that just the right kind of knife that you need when cutting up certain ingredients will be on hand, and knife sets also offer variety and convenience that come with having the right kind of knife to complete the instructions in a recipe. Blade guards can prevent accidents and extend the longevity of knives.
The length and weight of your cutting board can also play a role in helping you pick the right one. Marble and wood cutting boards are on the heavier side, which can also make them safer when you are cutting up food in a hurry. When the cutting board stays securely in place, it’s easier to move quickly and safely. Longer cutting boards take up more counter space, but they can also be stored vertically, so you may also want to consider the practical considerations of your kitchen space and decor.
How you ultimately plan to use your cutting boards will be a big deciding factors as you consider which one is best for your needs. If you want to slice and dice your favorite fruits and vegetables on a daily basis, the most durable materials must be used. If you plan to use the cutting board for decorative purposes in the kitchen, the aesthetics may take top priority. Those who plan on using the cutting board for cutting and then serving appetizers may want a cutting board that is long and wide or made of marble. On the other hand, those who are serving a lot of small portions of appetizers may consider getting multiple small cutting boards. Keeping your overall goals in mind can simplify stocking your kitchen in a big way.
Planning to give a cutting board as a wedding gift? Put yourself in the shoes of the bride and groom, then put in some effort to find what their cooking habits are. Cutting boards protect the life of a variety of knives, so you may also want to pair the cutting board with knife sets. That would give the couple everything they need to get a good start on preparation for thousands of meals. Our cutting boards can also be thoughtful anniversary gifts. Wood gifts are traditional sixth-year anniversary presents, so a wood cutting board that’s offered could be both meaningful and practical.
Ultimately, a cutting board should be a staple of every kitchen that’s within reach of any cook or chef. Cutting boards allow you to safely and efficiently prepare your favorite dishes. No matter which cutting board you want in your kitchen, it’s important to make safety concerns and care of the board priorities every time it’s used.