Pork & Mango Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbs. peanut or canola oil
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chili, cored, seeded and minced
- 3 cups roasted pork, cut into thin strips or shredded
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. Asian fish sauce
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the chili and sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Add the pork, stir in the soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and garlic, and cook until the pork is heated through, about 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Assemble the wraps
Divide the pork mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf. Top with mango slices, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, One Pot, by Carrolyn Carreño (Oxmoor House, 2008).