A fall cocktail that’s nevertheless light and bright, this pretty mojito variation makes a festive beginning to a Thanksgiving celebration.
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz./105 g) sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (14 fl. oz./430 ml) light rum
- 1 1/4 cups (10 fl. oz./310 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) pomegranate juice
- 2 1/2 cups (20 fl. oz./625 ml) sparkling water, chilled
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) pomegranate seeds
Add the mint leaves and sugar to a large pitcher. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, muddle the mint until it is lightly crushed and aromatic. Add the rum and lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the pomegranate juice and sparkling water and stir gently to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately. Serves 8.
Karen Mordechai, creator of Sunday Suppers, Brooklyn, New York