Mixed Fruit Smoothie Bowl with Chia Seeds
Whenever the bananas on your counter are starting to get too ripe, peel them, throw them in a plastic bag and pop them into the freezer so that you’ll always have some on hand for this super-creamy smoothie bowl that packs a powerful nutritional punch. Here we’ve topped it with plums, blueberries and pomegranate seeds, which add a pop of color and crunch, but experiment with your favorite fruits or whatever looks freshest at the farmers’ market.
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (4 oz./125 g) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) coconut milk
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tbs. honey, plus more to taste
- 1 plum, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds
In a blender, combine the almond milk, Greek yogurt, coconut milk, banana, berries and honey until the mixture forms a smooth puree. Taste and add more honey if desired.
Pour the mixture into a bowl. Arrange the plum, blueberries and pomegranate seeds on top. Sprinkle with the chia seeds and serve immediately. Serves 1.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen