- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced leeks
- 2 Tbs. cognac or brandy
- Meat from tails and claws of 2 cooked lobsters, tail meat halved, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced fennel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 cups lobster stock, warmed
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chervil, plus chervil sprigs
- Salt, to taste
In a risotto pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 Tbs. butter with the olive oil. Add the fennel and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup leeks and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the rice and lemon zest and cook until the rice is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.
Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding more. When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 35 to 45 minutes, stir in the lobster meat mixture, except for the claw meat. Stir in the 2 Tbs. chervil and season with salt.
Divide the risotto among 4 bowls and top each with some of the claw meat. Garnish with chervil sprigs and serve immediately. Serves 4.