- 4 quarts cold water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic head, halved crosswise
- 2 1/2 lb. small red potatoes
- 4 ears of corn, shucked, each cut into 4 pieces
- 2 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 lb. medium shrimp, deveined, in the shell
Add the corn and sausage to the pot and simmer until the corn is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings with salt.
Transfer the stew to a large soup tureen or serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.