- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 1/2 lb., cut into
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toasted crusty bread for serving
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup to a fine puree, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted and well combined with the soup. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve immediately with toasted bread. Serves 6 to 8.