Air-Fried Beef and Vegetable Skewers
With tender steak and fresh summer vegetables, these air-fried kabobs are a healthy and colorful option for a weeknight family dinner. Serve these quick-cooking skewers on their own or paired with couscous. They’re also excellent wrapped in pita bread.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) boneless sirloin, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
Preheat a Philips air fryer to 390°F (199°C).
In a small bowl, stir together 1 tsp. salt, the cumin, coriander and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the beef.
In a bowl, stir together the bell peppers, zucchini, summer squash, onion, oil, garlic and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Thread the meat and vegetables tightly onto the 4 skewers included with the double layer rack of the Philips air fryer, alternating the pieces and dividing them evenly. Place the skewers on the rack and carefully set the rack inside the variety cooking basket. Insert the basket into the air fryer. Cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the meat is medium-rare, 7 to 8 minutes.
Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Serves 2.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma The Airfryer Cookbook (Weldon Owen, 2015)