Zwilling Kanren 6 1/2" Nakiri Knife
- Only at Williams Sonoma
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Named after the Japanese word for "connection," Zwilling's Kanren collection unites German engineering with Japanese craftsmanship. Hand-honed Honbazuke blades slice, dice, chop and carve with scalpel-like sharpness thanks to high performance carbide stainless steel. Triple-riveted Micarta handles feature Zwilling's signature curved bolster, promoting a secure grip and comfortable, fatigue-free cutting.
- The 6 1/2" nakiri's wide, razor-sharp blade is ideal for quick and efficient chopping, slicing and mincing.
- Hollow-ground indentations reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- 48-layer Damascus-style blade is hand honed in high performance stainless steel for remarkable corrosion-, stain- and chip–resistance.
- Zwilling's signature curved bolster and black linen Micarta handle are ergonomically designed for safe, comfortable handling.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2" blade, 4 3/4" handle.
- 8 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 15-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chuck from A very well balanced Nakiri.... I went into WS to get a Shun Nakiri...Just so happen, I saw the Kanren next to it. I didn't think anything of it, and I just picked up and play with the Shun...then I grabbed the Kanren, and it's one of rare moments that when you pick up something and it just fits PERFECTLY. I went back and forth between the Shun, the Wüsthof, and another Shun, and back to the Kanren, and it was the most "perfect" feel of all the nakiri I picked up. I took home the Kanren that day and never regretted.Date published: 2020-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by chickadee09 from My new favorite knife I have owned this knife for around two months. I am constantly reaching for it! The heft is perfect and it slices through everything extremely cleanly. I have relatively small hands, but I love the longer handle and those with larger hands who have used the knife have noted how they appreciate it fitting in their hands. As a professional baker I find myself often wishing we had these at the bakery to slice and dice our produce. This knife feels slightly heavier than nakiri knives I have used in the past, which I enjoy.Date published: 2020-01-07